Just want to tell you these are the best cookies - my whole family loves them. I use "Hersey's" Dark chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts in the recipe and I can't keep them in the house. Of course I share them with others! Thanks for this wonderful recipe.
Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
EatingWell reader Beverley Sharpe of California contributed this recipe. She updated a favorite treat by cutting back on sugar and incorporating whole grains. To increase protein, she replaces the rolled oats with 1 cup almond meal.
173 Reviews for Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are very good - taste wonderful and look beautiful. I don't think I will ever make chocolate chip cookies any other way!
OMG these cookies are fantasic. Followed the recipe exactly but added 3/4-1 cup chopped pecans and used Hershey's peanut butter and milk chocolate chips.Cooked about 13-14 minutes. I'm making another batch today. My new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. Best one I've made.
I absolutely love this cookie recipe!! It is my family's favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. My kids love them. And I like it because it's healthier. I use a mix of whole grain flours - whole wheat, spelt, quinoa, ground flax, almond meal, soy flour (I keep a big container with a mix of flours that I use for baking). I use oat bran instead of the oatmeal, or if I do use oatmeal, I don't grind it, I just throw it in. I use Earth Balance spread for the butter. Sometimes I add chopped walnuts, which is really yummy, but I have to grind them up to hide them from the kids. Adding ground walnuts makes the cookies even moister. This is a great chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Great cookies! Made them just as the recipe calls for except that I used mini chocolate chips which dispersed throughout the batter very well. This is a keeper and will be a regular in our house!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)