Our standard choc chip cookies from now on. The kids love them. I prefer the almond meal variation, as the combination with whole wheat pastry flour (which we use in place of all-purpose in most of our baking) gives the cookie a terrific flavor. Will try the bittersweet choc chips to tone down the sweetness a bit.
Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
EatingWell reader Beverley Sharpe of California contributed this recipe. She updated a favorite treat by cutting back on sugar and incorporating whole grains. To increase protein, she replaces the rolled oats with 1 cup almond meal.
174 Reviews for Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
I love that they have whole-wheat flour in them. It makes them much more filling. They have a just the right amount of sweetness. I used all purpous flour instead of the ground oats and it works just as well.
Awesome recipe! So delicious! Even picky cousin loved them. I think these will replace our standard Chocolate Chip Cookies for a while. Thanks for the recipe Bev!
Wow I am impressed that these stray so much from traditional chocolate chip cookies and yet taste so similar. No one would ever notice that these were not full fat, white flour cookies unless you told them. Definitely a recipe I will make again.
wonderful flavor... but for some reason the second batch didn't expand.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)