Oh wow! I was out of whole wheat flour so I used unbleached flour. I also tossed in some shredded coconut with the choc. chips. I used applesauce instead of the oil and I think they turned out amazingly well. I have been using the recipe on the bag for years which calls for 2 sticks of butter. I never, in a million years, would have thought you could get a cookie this tasty with only 1/4 cup of butter. I will never go back to the original. Thanks for sharing!!!!
Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
EatingWell reader Beverley Sharpe of California contributed this recipe. She updated a favorite treat by cutting back on sugar and incorporating whole grains. To increase protein, she replaces the rolled oats with 1 cup almond meal.
173 Reviews for Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are delicious, the oats and wheat flour give them a very nice texture. My teenage boys like them better than the "original". I will never make the full fat - white flour version again!
Yes, I almost think these are a little too awesome. The only problem I have with this recipe is that I eat too many of them. They are definitely delicious! I have to work really hard to exert some will power.
Used all butter instead of canola oil. Used less sugar and a little less chocolate chips. Turned out perfect!
Awesome cookies! I used unbleached white flour and added 3/4 c. walnuts. Best chocolate cookie I've ever made!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)