I tried this recipe with a few changes. Instead of the oats I use almond meal, I use olive oil instead of canola and use 2/3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend. I bake them for about 11-13 minutes. Everyone who has tried my version have absolutely loved them. They disappear quite fast. I love these so much better than any store bought brand, including the refrigerated dough kind. They do come out cripsy, so if you are a chewy fan, you may want to pass.
Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
EatingWell reader Beverley Sharpe of California contributed this recipe. She updated a favorite treat by cutting back on sugar and incorporating whole grains. To increase protein, she replaces the rolled oats with 1 cup almond meal.
174 Reviews for Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are wonderful cookies. At first taste, I thought they weren't sweet enough. But they grew on me quickly. I only wish they were less crispy--I like chewy ccc's. But I would definitely make again.
What a great alternative! I substituted unsweetened applesauce for the oil & used 63% dark chocolate chips & baked about 11-12 minutes. I can't wait to experiment adding nuts, wheat bran & other flavors!
If you are looking for a healthy recipe that is as good as regular chocolate chip cookies this is not it. They are ok, but chewy and grainy. My husband and I do not like the texture at all and they are not nearly as sweet. I was hoping they would be very similar to my old standby, but sadly they are not. I know they are a healthy version, but I think I would rather eat the regular cookies less often. They are much better.
My kids ate them! Enough said
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)