I substituted homemade cinnamon applesauce for the oil (simmer one gala apple cut in thin slices in a bit of water with cinnamon then puree into applesauce) and upped the vanilla to a full tablespoon. These cookies turned out amazing and soooo delicious! My husband doesn't love chocolate like I do, so I made half the batch with chips and half without. Yum, both versions were really really good. Thank you!
Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
EatingWell reader Beverley Sharpe of California contributed this recipe. She updated a favorite treat by cutting back on sugar and incorporating whole grains. To increase protein, she replaces the rolled oats with 1 cup almond meal.
174 Reviews for Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
These were awesome! Loved the flavor of the oats and the texture was soft but not too chewy! I used bittersweet Ghirardelli chocolate chips and added 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Loved them! The only changes I made was to substitute the oil for applesauce and added some flax seed- Crossing my fingers for my kids to like them as much as I did! Thanks for the recipe!! :D
this is a great recipe. My kids love it.
Made them just how the recipe is listed... amazing! Even my reluctant boyfriend loved them :D And the best part: only 99 calories each!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)