I just made these cookies and they are great! Two substitutions though- I used half wheat and half white flour and I ground in some walnuts when I processed the oats- will definitely make these again!
Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
EatingWell reader Beverley Sharpe of California contributed this recipe. She updated a favorite treat by cutting back on sugar and incorporating whole grains. To increase protein, she replaces the rolled oats with 1 cup almond meal.
172 Reviews for Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
I tried out these cookies, and regretted it later. They weren't terrible, but they weren't exactly to my likings. I wouldn't suggest these. At least not to my friends.
This is one of the only chocolate chip cookie recipes that I make anymore. They are delicious and fun to share!
these are great cookies....have them in the oven right now...I added 1/2 a teaspoon black walnut extract...to give them a nutty flavor....I used 1/2 semi sweet and 1/2 dark chocolate chips...I am getting 5 dozen cookies using a heaping teaspoonful....
GOOD JOB Bev!!!!!
The base recipe for these cookies are great! I've made them dozens of times and over time modified them slightly to my taste. First, grind the oats really well (30+ sec in food processor, reversing the rotation every 8-10 seconds). The more you grind the smoother the texture.I also use half unbleached flour and half whole wheat for the same reason. A bit less granulated sugar than called for (1/4c...I'm not a fan of really sweet cookies). And I use egg beaters (or store brand) as an egg substitute. Lastly cut back on the amount of chips but use the mini-morsels as they give you the chocolate chip flavor but distribute better.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)