Instead of using one egg, I substituted 3 egg whites. I also used 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil in place of the 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup canola oil.
Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
EatingWell reader Beverley Sharpe of California contributed this recipe. She updated a favorite treat by cutting back on sugar and incorporating whole grains. To increase protein, she replaces the rolled oats with 1 cup almond meal.
173 Reviews for Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Simple recipe with a small list of ingredients. Note the cooking time listed (15 minutes) was too long. Mine were done in 10-12 minutes. Made about 30 cookies.
These cookies have a great flavor and the dough came together beautifully. And they were even husband approved! Noted baking time is a little long. Mine were done around 12-13 minutes. I will be making these cookies again!
As they were baking, we noticed that they didn't spread out. We knew before taking our first bite, that these were not going to be the traditional chocolate chip cookie. These ARE delicious. However they look like little mounds, not like a chocolate chip cookie. We did add 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts to the recipe to up the protein. The next time we make these, we are going to try flattening them out.
I followed this recipe but added some cinnamon and nutmeg and used 1/2 chopped almonds and 1/2 ground oats for the 3/4 c. oats. I also substituted raw cacao nibs by Navitas for the chocolate chips. They are so much healthier and more delicious now! I wanted a simple, healthy, cookie to make for my little brother in college who needs something he can grab that is healthy, a treat and has lots of energy and some protein.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)