These are even better then the regular home-made ones! After you have these you will never EVER like regular ones with loads of butter again. I substituted plain non-fat yogurt for the butter, cut the salt in half, and added a little more vanilla. They were amazing, I've made them dozens of times, and everyone loves them.
Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
EatingWell reader Beverley Sharpe of California contributed this recipe. She updated a favorite treat by cutting back on sugar and incorporating whole grains. To increase protein, she replaces the rolled oats with 1 cup almond meal.
174 Reviews for Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Suprisingly yummy. I am chocolate cookie snob and will make this as an alternative to packaged cookies for my children's lunches
This is a great recipe by itself, but I even made a few of my own modifications to make these cookies even healthier. 1. I replaced half of the butter with Vanilla Low-Fat Natural Yogurt 2. I replaced half of the granulated sugar with natural honey (you could probably even substitute all of it, maybe the same for the butter/yogurt) 3. I used dark chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate 4. I added in a cup of slivered almonds for some extra protein and flavor
Great recipe which was very fun to alter and experiment with! VERY tasty cookies!
I have been using this recipe since is first was published in 2004. The first time I made them, I used the almond meal and loved it so much I always make them that way. Some day I'll try the oatmeal.
These cookies are truly delicious, and not hard to make, easy to vary (I use dark chocolate, walnuts and craisins - yum!)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)