These were very tasty, the lemon zest really makes a difference. The batter is quite thick so they take quite a while to cook and because of the blueberries they stick to the pan. If I can figure out how to thin these down just a bit I think they would be much better. As it is the center seems not quite cooked. I serve w/ just a very light sprinkle of sugar.
Best Blueberry Pancakes
From EatingWell: July/August 1998
Serve with maple syrup, Lemon-Mint Cream or Blueberry Syrup.
6 Reviews for Best Blueberry Pancakes
I subbed in 2/3 c. whole wheat flour, cut back the sugar & vanilla a bit, omitted lemon zest, and added blueberries as a topping and they came out nicely.
My 3 kids and a very picky husband absolutely loved the pancakes. This recipe would be our favorite weekend treat.
Awesome! I love the cottage cheese in these! I want to try some variations maybe... replacing the blueberries with bananas and the lemon with cinnamon? Other seasonal fruits would be nice too.
SO GOOD! will definitely make again, the fluffiest, most delicious pancakes ever!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)