This healthy and pretty beet salad recipe is dressed with a tangy-sweet maple-mustard vinaigrette. Use the leftover dressing for any salad later in the week.
- 1/2 cup walnut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup quartered cooked beets
- 1/2 cup Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- To prepare the vinaigrette: Whisk oil, maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- To prepare the salad: Toss spinach, beets and 1/2 cup of the Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette in a salad bowl. Top with pecans and goat cheese. (Refrigerate leftover vinaigrette.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 219 calories; 17 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 9 g total sugars; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 428 mg sodium; 181 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (29% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate, 1 vegetable, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less