This healthy and pretty beet salad recipe is dressed with a tangy-sweet maple-mustard vinaigrette. Use the leftover dressing for any salad later in the week.
- 1/2 cup walnut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup quartered cooked beets
- 1/2 cup Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- To prepare the vinaigrette: Whisk oil, maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- To prepare the salad: Toss spinach, beets and 1/2 cup of the Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette in a salad bowl. Top with pecans and goat cheese. (Refrigerate leftover vinaigrette.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 219 calories; 17 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 9 g total sugars; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 428 mg sodium; 181 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (29% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate, 1 vegetable, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less