This healthy and pretty beet salad recipe is dressed with a tangy-sweet maple-mustard vinaigrette. Use the leftover dressing for any salad later in the week.
- 1/2 cup walnut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup quartered cooked beets
- 1/2 cup Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- To prepare the vinaigrette: Whisk oil, maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- To prepare the salad: Toss spinach, beets and 1/2 cup of the Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette in a salad bowl. Top with pecans and goat cheese. (Refrigerate leftover vinaigrette.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 219 calories; 17 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 9 g total sugars; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 428 mg sodium; 181 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (29% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate, 1 vegetable, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less