This healthy and pretty beet salad recipe is dressed with a tangy-sweet maple-mustard vinaigrette. Use the leftover dressing for any salad later in the week.
- 1/2 cup walnut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup quartered cooked beets
- 1/2 cup Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- To prepare the vinaigrette: Whisk oil, maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- To prepare the salad: Toss spinach, beets and 1/2 cup of the Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette in a salad bowl. Top with pecans and goat cheese. (Refrigerate leftover vinaigrette.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 219 calories; 17 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 9 g total sugars; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 428 mg sodium; 181 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (29% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate, 1 vegetable, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less