This healthy and pretty beet salad recipe is dressed with a tangy-sweet maple-mustard vinaigrette. Use the leftover dressing for any salad later in the week.
- 1/2 cup walnut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup quartered cooked beets
- 1/2 cup Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- To prepare the vinaigrette: Whisk oil, maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- To prepare the salad: Toss spinach, beets and 1/2 cup of the Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette in a salad bowl. Top with pecans and goat cheese. (Refrigerate leftover vinaigrette.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 219 calories; 17 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 9 g total sugars; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 428 mg sodium; 181 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (29% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate, 1 vegetable, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less