I loved this dish! The combination of ginger and lemon/soy are so fabulous! The steak is tender and when sliced thin is the perfect addition. I doubled the carrot/radish/onion mixture and made it more like a salad with beef on top. It's perfect for two as a light main meal. I also made more of the soy/lemon drizzle. Will add this to my recipe rotation! Next time I will make some Asian noodles to throw in the salad bowl! So good!
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
Tataki is a typical Japanese preparation in which beef or fish is seared on the outside, left very rare inside, thinly sliced and served with a citrusy soy sauce. In this version, a springy salad of crisp radishes and carrot matchsticks combined with sliced onion provides textural contrast to the flavorful steak. Serve this dish over a bed of buckwheat soba noodles to make it a meal.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)