I used already sliced stir-fry meat and followed the rest of the recipe to the T. It worked out perfectly, was simple, and everyone raved...especially my hubby who is very picky. Even my 7 yo son ate it and he hates red meat.
Beef & Portobello Mushroom Stroganoff
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Our version of beef Stroganoff tops seared flank steak with a rich-tasting sauce made with a touch of cognac, reduced-fat sour cream and plenty of portobello mushrooms. Serve over whole-wheat egg noodles.
15 Reviews for Beef & Portobello Mushroom Stroganoff
This dish came out great everyone in my family ate it all up. Will definitely make it again. Very healthy and yummy
How can you even think about calling a recipe healthy when it contains over 900mg of sodium when the recommended DAILY intake of sodium is now 1500mg. The recipe is relatively high in calories and listed calories do not include noodles and stroganoff is always served over some kind of noodles. No one with diabetes should even look at this recipe much less eat it.
I made this with lean ground beef to make it easier. It was so delicious!
Oh my Gosh! this was the best recipe i have ever found online! my fiancee' cant stand the healthy recipes i try to incorporate into his diet but he couldnt stop raving about this one! i omitted the onion and just used the scallions. i also used spiced rum rather than brandy simply because thats all i had. i will make this again and again!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)