Roast Beef & Beet Nosh
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Horseradish sour cream, pickled beets and roast beef top toasted rye bread for a yummy appetizer reminiscent of a delicious deli sandwich. Look for pickled beets in jars or cans near other pickled vegetables in most supermarkets. You can use 24 rye crackers instead of the toasted rye bread, if desired.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 24 slices pickled beets, halved if large
- 4 slices Jewish rye bread, toasted and each cut into 6 pieces
- 4 slices roast beef (about 4 ounces), cut into 24 pieces
- 24 fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Combine sour cream and horseradish in small bowl. Place a piece of pickled beet on each rye toast. Place a folded piece of roast beef on the beet. Top with a generous 1/4 teaspoon horseradish-sour cream. Garnish with a parsley leaf.
Per piece: 25 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 52 mg sodium; 39 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2011