Roast Beef & Beet Nosh
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Horseradish sour cream, pickled beets and roast beef top toasted rye bread for a yummy appetizer reminiscent of a delicious deli sandwich. Look for pickled beets in jars or cans near other pickled vegetables in most supermarkets. You can use 24 rye crackers instead of the toasted rye bread, if desired.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 24 slices pickled beets, halved if large
- 4 slices Jewish rye bread, toasted and each cut into 6 pieces
- 4 slices roast beef (about 4 ounces), cut into 24 pieces
- 24 fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Combine sour cream and horseradish in small bowl. Place a piece of pickled beet on each rye toast. Place a folded piece of roast beef on the beet. Top with a generous 1/4 teaspoon horseradish-sour cream. Garnish with a parsley leaf.
Per piece: 25 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 52 mg sodium; 39 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- November/December 2011
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)