Roast Beef & Beet Nosh
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Horseradish sour cream, pickled beets and roast beef top toasted rye bread for a yummy appetizer reminiscent of a delicious deli sandwich. Look for pickled beets in jars or cans near other pickled vegetables in most supermarkets. You can use 24 rye crackers instead of the toasted rye bread, if desired.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 24 slices pickled beets, halved if large
- 4 slices Jewish rye bread, toasted and each cut into 6 pieces
- 4 slices roast beef (about 4 ounces), cut into 24 pieces
- 24 fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Combine sour cream and horseradish in small bowl. Place a piece of pickled beet on each rye toast. Place a folded piece of roast beef on the beet. Top with a generous 1/4 teaspoon horseradish-sour cream. Garnish with a parsley leaf.
Per piece: 25 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 52 mg sodium; 39 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2011