Roast Beef & Beet Nosh
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Horseradish sour cream, pickled beets and roast beef top toasted rye bread for a yummy appetizer reminiscent of a delicious deli sandwich. Look for pickled beets in jars or cans near other pickled vegetables in most supermarkets. You can use 24 rye crackers instead of the toasted rye bread, if desired.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 24 slices pickled beets, halved if large
- 4 slices Jewish rye bread, toasted and each cut into 6 pieces
- 4 slices roast beef (about 4 ounces), cut into 24 pieces
- 24 fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Combine sour cream and horseradish in small bowl. Place a piece of pickled beet on each rye toast. Place a folded piece of roast beef on the beet. Top with a generous 1/4 teaspoon horseradish-sour cream. Garnish with a parsley leaf.
Per piece: 25 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 52 mg sodium; 39 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2011