I absolutely love this recipe. It's a simple chili recipe that doesn't take long.
Beef & Bean Chile Verde
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Chile Verde, usually a slow-cooked stew of pork, jalapeños and tomatillos, becomes an easy weeknight meal with quick-cooking ground beef and store-bought green salsa. Make it a Meal: Serve with fresh cilantro, red onion and Monterey Jack. Add your favorite hot sauce.
88 Reviews for Beef & Bean Chile Verde
I am just learning to cook. It was simple to follow and the best part was that is was delicious. My husband and my daughter ate it, both of whom are very picky.
I would have to say this was AWESOME! I made it more as a soup, added a little more enchilada sauce, added cheese and sour cream to the top and then used a spoon and tortilla chips to eat it. Really good!
Good flavor. Had to add extra chili powder, some jalapeno and scotch bonnets. I used Desert Pepper rio salsa which has a great flavor. If you're wanting to eat it as chili and not taco filling I'd recommend adding another can of beans though. Also threw in some fresh corn.
Fantastic! Husband and kids loved it. They've asked me to make it a weekly meal. Used Trader Joe's Green Salsa, topped with cilantro and cheddar and served with warm tortillas.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)