This was really good. I used ground turkey instead of beef to lower the calories even more, and then I used my own salsa made from rotel, cilantro, jalepeno's, and onion. Very tasty and has stayed with me!
Beef & Bean Chile Verde
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Chile Verde, usually a slow-cooked stew of pork, jalapeños and tomatillos, becomes an easy weeknight meal with quick-cooking ground beef and store-bought green salsa. Make it a Meal: Serve with fresh cilantro, red onion and Monterey Jack. Add your favorite hot sauce.
88 Reviews for Beef & Bean Chile Verde
Loved it! Next time I will double the recipe.
I tried out this receipe a few months ago and have made it 4x since. It's so delicious and perfect for a cold day. The flavors blend together beautifully!
I love my chili topped with shredded cheese and sour cream. In order to up the protein and keep calories down, I use non-fat greek yogurt instead of the sour cream.
Absolutely LOVED this recipe - perfect perfect perfect!!!!!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)