This recipe had more meat, beans, and veggies than sauce, so it was really satisfying. Easy to adjust the "kick" by varying the spice amounts.
Beef & Bean Chile Verde
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Chile Verde, usually a slow-cooked stew of pork, jalapeños and tomatillos, becomes an easy weeknight meal with quick-cooking ground beef and store-bought green salsa. Make it a Meal: Serve with fresh cilantro, red onion and Monterey Jack. Add your favorite hot sauce.
88 Reviews for Beef & Bean Chile Verde
This is one of those recipes you need to keep on hand for a filling and delicious meal that comes together quickly. My husband is Mexican and he loves this concoction!
I love this recipe! It's cheap, easy and healthy. It was way too spicy though so I'll be reducing the amount of spices next time. This will be a recurring meal for me.
This recipe came together so fast and was so easy to prepare. Although it's not a real chili verde (it's not even green, by the time you're done), it really is a flavorful, hearty chili. Great week night meal!
One of my family favorites. It's been added to my rotation of recipes. I usually serve it with salad and gluten free corn bread muffins.
Tip: Double the recipe because it will go fast, but better yet makes for great leftovers.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)