This was amazing! I've always used my mom's recipe but wanted to find one a bit thinner and with more diversity in flavor. This chili was perfect! I did make a few changes: ground turkey instead of beef, added salt & pepper (to taste) and added about 2 tbsp of Ketchup to add some sweetness. Perfect!
Beef & Bean Chile Verde
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Chile Verde, usually a slow-cooked stew of pork, jalapeños and tomatillos, becomes an easy weeknight meal with quick-cooking ground beef and store-bought green salsa. Make it a Meal: Serve with fresh cilantro, red onion and Monterey Jack. Add your favorite hot sauce.
88 Reviews for Beef & Bean Chile Verde
Green salsa made for a nice change from traditional chilli. Used 2 cans of kidney beans and added small can of organic tomato paste to thicken. (great idea shared by another member). Topped with a dollop of low-fat sour cream and shredded Monterey. Served with whole wheat saltine crackers
This is a fast, easy, yummy & different take on regular old chili. I can only find green salsa with medium heat, so I omit the cayenne because we don't like food too spicy in our house.
Serve over brown rice with some lowfat cheddar & sour cream and scallions.
Totally hearty and delicious! As other reviewers wrote, I added a bit of tomato paste and some corn. Also made it with lean ground turkey. I used that fontina brand green salsa. I'll make this again for sure.
Great food to feed a lot of people, serve with fresh bread, or tortillas, sprinkle with a mild cheese, or sharp cheddar, also great the next morning served with fried eggs. I always get many compliments when I serve this. Thanks
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)