I have an authentic from-scratch Chile Verde recipe that simply can't be beat, but for a quick weeknight meal, this was fabulous in my tummy! My husband and I both really enjoyed it. I always follow recipes exactly as they're written the first time I make them, and this one gets 5 true stars...as is!
Beef & Bean Chile Verde
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Chile Verde, usually a slow-cooked stew of pork, jalapeños and tomatillos, becomes an easy weeknight meal with quick-cooking ground beef and store-bought green salsa. Make it a Meal: Serve with fresh cilantro, red onion and Monterey Jack. Add your favorite hot sauce.
88 Reviews for Beef & Bean Chile Verde
This is such a great base recipe but can also be updated by adding other fresh ingredients. We like corn and lots of cilantro in ours! And it's sooo easy to make. Perfect week night supper.
This recipe was great and so quick. I used 94% lean ground turkey, added some corn and also added a little tomato paste to thicken it up and give it some color. I only used an 8 oz jar of green taco sauce because I didn't realize it called for a 16oz. I had to add a little extra water. It still came out great. I think you can do a lot w/this recipe!
This is my absolute favorite chile recipe ever. My husband actually requests this meal! I definitely add more/various types of beans to the recipe and use more salsa verde because I like it spicy. Overall, this recipe rocks!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)