All around this is a really great and simple way to get a hearty healthy meal. I used a really good quality salsa and it was pretty tasty.
Beef & Bean Chile Verde
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Chile Verde, usually a slow-cooked stew of pork, jalapeños and tomatillos, becomes an easy weeknight meal with quick-cooking ground beef and store-bought green salsa. Make it a Meal: Serve with fresh cilantro, red onion and Monterey Jack. Add your favorite hot sauce.
88 Reviews for Beef & Bean Chile Verde
Followed the recipe exactly except added a half a cup of Bush's black beans with the full can of Pinto Beans. OMG ! Better double the recipe because after your family tastes this there will not be enough. 5 stars !
My husband and I love this recipe, we top it with a little reduced fat Mexican cheese and avocado, and add ghost pepper salsa for extra heat. It's so fast and easy, is perfect for a weeknight dinner, and is tasty left over as well.
I loved the sweet and spiciness the green salsa gave this dish. We added some of the Trader Joe's tomato-less corn salsa for a little extra texture and flavor. AMAZING!! I will be making this again and again.
This is a great recipe. It's so easy to change and make it your own. For example, I changed the amount of garlic to 3 cloves. I made it ahead of time and the flavors melded together beautifully. Did not have to spend time cooking when my guests arrived. Used Pace medium Salsa which is a perfect replacement for canned tomatoes that have a lot of sugar. Great for diabetics.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)