I made this after coming home for a long day of errands. I was able to feed the very hungry family within 30 minutes, start to finish. It was wonderful. I served it over rice with fresh cilantro and queso fresco cheese. It was a filling meal for sure. Will be making this again.
Beef & Bean Chile Verde
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Chile Verde, usually a slow-cooked stew of pork, jalapeños and tomatillos, becomes an easy weeknight meal with quick-cooking ground beef and store-bought green salsa. Make it a Meal: Serve with fresh cilantro, red onion and Monterey Jack. Add your favorite hot sauce.
88 Reviews for Beef & Bean Chile Verde
I love this recipe! It makes a distinctly flavored chili. I put half a can of fire roasted tomatoes in it and that made it extra good.
This is my go to recipe for chili when I don't make chili con carne. I used ground pork to make it more like true chili verde, a green pepper, no cayenne & salsa verde. (Be careful of the jarred salsa. It can vary in spicyness) It is a little spicy but it is so perfect on a cold winters day especially with home made corn bread or muffins.
Not a huge fan of beans, but this was just the right amount. I made it last night for supper for my husband and I, and his mother came over. We all loved it and I plan on making it a lot more!
I made this halving all of the spicy ingredients. I love the spice as does my husband, but not kids not so much. It was the spiciest chile I have ever eaten! I have a recipe for chile that I make and it is no slouch, but this was so spicy, I almost couldn't eat it. It was very plain tasting, not enough flavors and not enough beans.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)