This recipe is easy to make, freezes well and tastes great. We love it!!
Beef & Bean Chile Verde
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Chile Verde, usually a slow-cooked stew of pork, jalapeños and tomatillos, becomes an easy weeknight meal with quick-cooking ground beef and store-bought green salsa. Make it a Meal: Serve with fresh cilantro, red onion and Monterey Jack. Add your favorite hot sauce.
88 Reviews for Beef & Bean Chile Verde
One of the best chili's I have had! My fiance has asked for it again this week.
I too never post comments or reviews but had to share my enthusiasm for this recipe. It is simply delicious!!!! Definitely best chili I've ever tasted but also one of the best meals I've ever had! I make it with ground lean turkey, to make it even healthier and I love love the flavor. The green enchilada sauce definitely complements the ground turkey. Instead of putting a dallop of sour cream, I put greek plain yogurt instead which makes it yet another step healthier. During the fall/winter months, I make this at the beginning of the week and divide it into Tupperware for lunches at work. I always look forward to my lunch, unlike other days when I pack sandwiches or chicken dishes that dry out after microwaving.
I have never commented on any recipe before and this is one of my FAVORITE recipes! My husband really likes it and he actually doesn't care for traditional chili but loves the spices, etc. in this one. It's a keeper and I will continue to make it for years to come!!
This has become a weekly favorite at our house. Everyone loves it!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)