I added a bit of Franks Red Hot for a kick. was great!
BBQ Chicken Sandwich
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
Toss leftover cooked chicken with barbecue sauce and crunchy carrots for a quick and healthy lunch.
17 Reviews for BBQ Chicken Sandwich
what makes this sandwich taste good is toss leftover cooked chicken with barbecue sauce and crunchy carrots.
It is the perfect meal to make for the family.....
My husband is a very picky non veggie eater and I made this sandwich he loved it; you can't taste the carrots they just add a little crunch.
To make mine a little healthier I did not add the ranch, I used sandwich thins or Flax Pita, and used a good BBQ sauce without alot of sugar.
This has now became a staple for our lunches.
Great sandwich, easy and quick for weeknight dinners. I skip the ranch addition and use Sticky Fingers BBQ sauce. If your not using the shredded carrots, coleslaw mix is great to throw in too, plus a pickle or two on top. Yum! Usually make this with the healthy onion rings.
great tasting sandwich
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)