From EatingWell: July/August 2014
A riff on chimichurri sauce, this healthy herb sauce recipe brings together mint, basil and ground coriander. Use as a healthy sauce for topping chicken, fish or pasta.
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Let stand at least 1 hour before serving or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 52 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g total sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 147 mg sodium; 41 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Central/South American
- July/August 2014