From EatingWell: July/August 2014
A riff on chimichurri sauce, this healthy herb sauce recipe brings together mint, basil and ground coriander. Use as a healthy sauce for topping chicken, fish or pasta.
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Let stand at least 1 hour before serving or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 52 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g total sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 147 mg sodium; 41 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Central/South American
- July/August 2014