Basil-Lemon Lobster Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 1998
Some seafood counters now sell precooked lobster meat, making this dish a snap to pull together.
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/4 fish bouillon cube
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 2/3 cups chopped lobster meat, (see Tip)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Stir hot water and bouillon in a medium bowl until cube dissolves. Whisk in garlic, lemon juice, basil and oil. Season with pepper. Mix in lobster.
- Divide salad greens among 4 large plates and spoon lobster salad on top. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Four 1 1/4-lb. lobsters yield 2 2/3 cups cooked meat.
Per serving: 163 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 70 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 22 g protein; 2 g fiber; 453 mg sodium; 642 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (59% daily value), Vitamin A (48% dv), Vitamin C (32% dv), Folate (27% dv), Zinc (21% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- July/August 1998