Basil-Lemon Lobster Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 1998
Some seafood counters now sell precooked lobster meat, making this dish a snap to pull together.
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/4 fish bouillon cube
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 2/3 cups chopped lobster meat, (see Tip)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Stir hot water and bouillon in a medium bowl until cube dissolves. Whisk in garlic, lemon juice, basil and oil. Season with pepper. Mix in lobster.
- Divide salad greens among 4 large plates and spoon lobster salad on top. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Four 1 1/4-lb. lobsters yield 2 2/3 cups cooked meat.
Per serving: 163 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 70 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 22 g protein; 2 g fiber; 453 mg sodium; 642 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (59% daily value), Vitamin A (48% dv), Vitamin C (32% dv), Folate (27% dv), Zinc (21% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- July/August 1998