Basil-Lemon Lobster Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 1998
Some seafood counters now sell precooked lobster meat, making this dish a snap to pull together.
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/4 fish bouillon cube
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 2/3 cups chopped lobster meat, (see Tip)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Stir hot water and bouillon in a medium bowl until cube dissolves. Whisk in garlic, lemon juice, basil and oil. Season with pepper. Mix in lobster.
- Divide salad greens among 4 large plates and spoon lobster salad on top. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Four 1 1/4-lb. lobsters yield 2 2/3 cups cooked meat.
Per serving: 163 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 70 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 22 g protein; 2 g fiber; 453 mg sodium; 642 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (59% daily value), Vitamin A (48% dv), Vitamin C (32% dv), Folate (27% dv), Zinc (21% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- July/August 1998