Basil-Lemon Lobster Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 1998
Some seafood counters now sell precooked lobster meat, making this dish a snap to pull together.
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/4 fish bouillon cube
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 2/3 cups chopped lobster meat, (see Tip)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Stir hot water and bouillon in a medium bowl until cube dissolves. Whisk in garlic, lemon juice, basil and oil. Season with pepper. Mix in lobster.
- Divide salad greens among 4 large plates and spoon lobster salad on top. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Four 1 1/4-lb. lobsters yield 2 2/3 cups cooked meat.
Per serving: 163 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 70 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 22 g protein; 2 g fiber; 453 mg sodium; 642 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (59% daily value), Vitamin A (48% dv), Vitamin C (32% dv), Folate (27% dv), Zinc (21% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- July/August 1998