From EatingWell: July/August 1992
A hint of garlic, a little mustard and a touch of fresh herbs lightly flavor an elegantly simple dressing that is perfect on a mixed green salad.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed Earl Grey tea
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or chives
- Skewer the garlic clove with the tines of a fork, and use to vigorously blend oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), tea and mustard. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, stir in fresh herbs.
Per tablespoon: 49 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 68 mg sodium; 7 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1992