From EatingWell: July/August 1992
A hint of garlic, a little mustard and a touch of fresh herbs lightly flavor an elegantly simple dressing that is perfect on a mixed green salad.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed Earl Grey tea
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or chives
- Skewer the garlic clove with the tines of a fork, and use to vigorously blend oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), tea and mustard. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, stir in fresh herbs.
Per tablespoon: 49 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 68 mg sodium; 7 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1992