Easy and delicious. Did not have fresh garlic so subsitiuted with garlic powder (1/4 teaspoon) and it was still great. Used it as spread on a roasted vegetable panini - yum.
Basic Basil Pesto
Simplicity reigns in this traditional sauce—just basil, garlic, cheese and olive oil. Our one modification? We like omega-3-laden walnuts in the mix for their crunch and delicate flavor, but pine nuts, almonds, pecans or even pistachios may be substituted for the walnuts.
10 Reviews for Basic Basil Pesto
I cannot even TELL you how many times i have used this recipe. EATINGWELL.COM is go to site for healthier and better recipes! Love you guys, thanks!
I was pleasantly surprised by this recipe. It tasted very fresh. I did substitute pecans for the walnuts as I didn't have any.
I was pleasantly surprised by this recipe. It tasted very fresh. I did substitute pecans for the walnuts as I didn't have any. I actually did a blog post about this if you'd like to see it... Basic Basil Pesto Post
good, but I'd say half the salt...
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)