Being an extremely fussy eater I honestly didn't think that I would like this when I chose to cook it but how wrong was I. That first forkful was like a tiny slice of heaven in my mouth, the various flavours just came together perfectly. This recipe for sure will be made often in my house.
Barley & Wild Rice Pilaf with Pomegranate Seeds
From EatingWell: Fall 2003
This pilaf melds the chewy texture of barley and wild rice with the richness of toasted pine nuts and the sweet-sour crunch of pomegranate seeds. The elegant dish is perfect for entertaining.
12 Reviews for Barley & Wild Rice Pilaf with Pomegranate Seeds
I love this recipe, i changed up just a tiny bit - vege broth instead of chicken broth, tossed one diced green pepper with onion, and used chopped tomato instead of pomegranate perfils (only because i didn't have any on hand). Cant wait to share & try it with the pomegranate
Healthy and great flavor plus interest with the crunch of the seeds and nuts. Made this to go with fish - perfect side.
I add chopped mushrooms to the onions and it adds a little extra richness (umami).
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)