Ive been making this dish for the last year and my family loves it! Easy weeknight dinner with lots of flavour. I tend to kick up the garlic & ginger and only bake my chicken thighs for about 30-40 mins depending on their size. Great easy weeknight meal
Oven-Barbecued Asian Chicken
This Asian “barbecued” chicken made in a casserole dish is truly finger-licking good! You can make this with 2 bone-in chicken breasts (about 12 ounces each) instead of thighs and drumsticks, if you prefer. Remove the skin and cut each chicken breast in half on the diagonal to get 4 portions about equal in weight. Serve with sautéed chard and whole-grain rice pilaf.
6 Reviews for Oven-Barbecued Asian Chicken
Doubled this recepie with only chicken breasts and it was great. The presentation for a dinner party looks very good on a big white platter. Added a bit more onion than the recipe called for and cooked it only about 40 minutes instead of an hour. I think the recipe with thighs and legs would be even better...next time!
I did a search for gluten-free and this recipe popped up. It looked tasty enough, but 2 of the ingredients are definitely NOT gluten-free: hoisin sauce and soy sauce. It's easy enough to find gluten-free soy sauce, but not so much with the hoisin sauce. I would not suggest this recipe if you have any sort of gluten intolerance, unless you're going to alter it and use gluten-free ingredients.
I loved the unique taste of this asian barbeque sauce. If I make it again I won't add the scallions at the end. The strong onions took away from the other complex flavors.
Right balance between sweet, savory, and spicy, this meal was a hit! I served it over whole wheat couscous with a side of steamed asian vegetable medly.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)