Barbecue Bean Salad
Perfect for picnics or a side for grilled chicken, this fast salad has all the flavor of baked barbecued beans, without the hassle or the heat.
- 1/3 cup prepared spicy barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and chopped (1 cup)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Whisk barbecue sauce, vinegar and molasses in a large bowl. Add beans, tomatoes and scallions; toss to coat. Season with pepper and hot sauce. If not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Serve at room temperature.
Per serving: 142 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 7 g fiber; 555 mg sodium; 604 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (17% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 very lean meat.
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)