Took longer than stated to bake. I used a12-cup NordicWare Bundt pan. I've never used a Bundt pan before, so I don't know if they are all the same or not. This one I used had yellow enamel on the exterior, nonstick inside. maybe that made a difference, I don't know.
Banana Spice Cake
From EatingWell: November/December 1995
Bananas add moistness and sweetness, while buttermilk makes this cake tender. Delicious with Spiced Tropical Fruit Compote.
4 Reviews for Banana Spice Cake
I modified the recipe by substituting all whole wheat pastry flour, increasing the amount of banana to s bananas and reducing the sugar to one cup. I used brown sugar instead of white.
If I were to make it again I would decrease the amount of nutmeg to half a teaspoon.
This is a great recipe. I can appreciate all of the wonderful flavors used. Thanks for sharing.
I wish you would include the number of sugars in the nutrition section of your recipes. I really watch my sugar intake and it would be helpful to have this information, too.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)