I will note I used fresh coconut since I live in a country that only sells fresh whole coconut, I cant find any coconut milk, water, meat. Only in the fresh version. But that isnt a problem, to make coconut milk, you just blend fresh coconut with water, so thats what I did and added only 7 frozen bananas and honey. It is very creamy and smooth. Taste very good. It has a stronger banana flavor rather then coconut. I did add a dash of milk, just to make it creamier for my benefit. I am now going to make a loaf of banana bread to go with this ice cream. Overall, Very good, but expect more of a banana ice cream.
Banana-Coconut Dairy-Free Ice Cream
From EatingWell: January/February 2013
When blended with frozen ripe bananas, coconut meat (a.k.a. coconut manna or coconut butter) is transformed into the base for this creamy banana-coconut dairy-free ice cream. This dairy-free banana-coconut ice cream recipe uses coconut butter, which is made from finely ground whole coconut meat and has the texture of natural peanut butter. Coconut butter can be found in jars near other nut butters, baking oils and sometimes even in the supplement department of natural-foods stores and well-stocked supermarkets.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)