The flavor is so good. I believe I did add a little too much Paprika, so I'll be careful next time. Also with some of the fritters I let them in the pan for a little bit too long. If you have a non stick skillet, I don't think you really need any oil. My second batch didn't have any and turned out better than the first. I enjoyed this with the Iberian-Style Sausage and Chicken Ragu', hmmmm heavenly.
Banana Corn Fritters
From EatingWell: February/March 2006
Savory, smoky and slightly sweet, these are great with roast pork loin, a hearty bowl of black bean soup or barbecued chicken legs and coleslaw. Dotted with creme fraiche, they make an exotic appetizer.
4 Reviews for Banana Corn Fritters
didnt use the right kind of pepper - used chili powder. cooked nicely, timing was correct for me. tasted very good.
I agree with wrekdiv! They are delicious and they have a plantain taste. I didn't quite use enough oil in the pan and I think the heat was a bit too low, so the cakes turned out resembling a pancake rather than a fritter. Nonetheless, they still complimented the Black Bean soup I made with them!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)