This was the only banana chocolate smoothie recipe I could find here, but I use skim milk, honey, a whole banana, and protein powder and flaxseed for health factor. Sometimes peanut butter. It's yummy. I don't freeze the banana, I just add ice cubes after blending the ingredients.
Banana-Cocoa Soy Smoothie
With plenty of protein from both tofu and soymilk, this banana-split-inspired breakfast smoothie will keep you satisfied until lunchtime.
18 Reviews for Banana-Cocoa Soy Smoothie
I was just coming on to complain how I've never been able to get two servings out of this recipe and come to find out it only serves one! With that in mind it is a pretty good smoothie. Very rich, definitely satisfying. I used dark cocoa powder. It's not super sweet, but definitely very good.
As a chocoholic, I love this smoothie! It keeps me feeling full longer and satisfies the sweet tooth. I use unsweetened almond milk and agave nector (instead of honey). When I can't get silken tofu, I've used firm tofu and blended a bit longer. Also, slicing and freezing the banana overnight seems to make it more like a milkshake. Mmmmmm.
I used skim cow's milk for this recipe in lieu of soymilk - tasted great!
I use choc. soy milk and frozen bananas. sometimes a scoop of protein powder.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)