My family and I loved these! I modified the recipe slightly by using ~2/3 cup of ground oats instead of bran and half WW pastry flour as well as added shredded coconut, which was a fantastic addition.
Banana Bran Muffins
From EatingWell: May/June 1997
Banana bran muffins are great to have on hand for breakfast on-the-go!
4 Reviews for Banana Bran Muffins
These muffins turned out really moist and the banana was deliciously gooey in the middle. I changed the recipe a bit, due to what I had in my pantry, and more or less just used the measurements of the ingredients as a guideline.
I used frozen bananas, oat bran instead of wheat bran, replaced the oil with an individual serving (plastic container) of unsweetened applesauce, added about a half cup ground flax seed and two boxes of raisins.
It's hard to eat only one! They are delicious looking AND tasting. Will definitely make again.
Very tasty...a little too sweet for me. I added some chopped walnuts to the batter as well as on the tops. Very tender, moist muffin.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)