I made this tonight, and it was wonderful. Cauliflower is usually such a boring veggie, but this recipe made it very flavorful. I added a little crushed red pepper flakes to give it some heat!
Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Roasting isn't usually the first cooking method you think of for cauliflower but the results are quite delicious. The florets are cut into thick slices and tossed with extra-virgin olive oil and herbs. Wherever the flat surfaces come into contact with the hot roasting pan, a deep browning occurs that results in a sweet, nutty flavor.
107 Reviews for Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
I made this the other night to go with the EatingWell's Gnocchi with Zuccini Ribbons recipe. My husband was raving about it and he never does that. And he doesn't even usually LIKE cauliflower! I wish I'd made double!
I thought this was good but not fantastic. It didn't need the balsamic but depending on what you're in the mood for it may be a nice. For the size of my cauliflower head I think I added too much marjoram and the cauliflower browned much more than in the photo that accompanies the recipes.
I accidentally grabbed the toasted sesame seed oil instead of balsamic vinegar and it was incredible. I'll still have to try it with balsamic vinegar but that was hard to beat. I loved it.
Expand your tastes, I like to roast red peppers, onions, broccoli, green beans, etc. I cut veggies, put in a quart plastic bag, add olive oil and balsamic, garlic salt and pepper. Mix so everything is coated and bake. MMMMMMMMM No leftovers,Ever!!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)