Baked Tilapia Curry
From EatingWell: January/February 2014
This healthy fish-and-vegetable curry recipe is made with yellow curry paste, but any Thai curry paste—red or green—will work. Serve with sautéed green beans and brown basmati rice to soak up all the delicious sauce.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium-to-large red bell peppers, halved and sliced
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 14-ounce can “lite” coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1-1 1/4 pounds tilapia fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and shallot and cook, stirring, until the peppers are softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add coconut milk, lime juice and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Place tilapia in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the curry sauce over the fish.
- Bake until the fish is opaque in the middle, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Per serving: 262 calories; 13 g fat (6 g sat, 3 g mono); 57 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 5 g total sugars; 25 g protein; 2 g fiber; 518 mg sodium; 498 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (130% daily value), Vitamin A (40% dv), Vitamin B12 (30% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- January/February 2014