Baked Tilapia Curry
From EatingWell: January/February 2014
This healthy fish-and-vegetable curry recipe is made with yellow curry paste, but any Thai curry paste—red or green—will work. Serve with sautéed green beans and brown basmati rice to soak up all the delicious sauce.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium-to-large red bell peppers, halved and sliced
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 14-ounce can “lite” coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1-1 1/4 pounds tilapia fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and shallot and cook, stirring, until the peppers are softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add coconut milk, lime juice and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Place tilapia in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the curry sauce over the fish.
- Bake until the fish is opaque in the middle, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Per serving: 262 calories; 13 g fat (6 g sat, 3 g mono); 57 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 5 g total sugars; 25 g protein; 2 g fiber; 518 mg sodium; 498 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (130% daily value), Vitamin A (40% dv), Vitamin B12 (30% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- January/February 2014
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)