Baked Tilapia Curry
From EatingWell: January/February 2014
This healthy fish-and-vegetable curry recipe is made with yellow curry paste, but any Thai curry paste—red or green—will work. Serve with sautéed green beans and brown basmati rice to soak up all the delicious sauce.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium-to-large red bell peppers, halved and sliced
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 14-ounce can “lite” coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1-1 1/4 pounds tilapia fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and shallot and cook, stirring, until the peppers are softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add coconut milk, lime juice and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Place tilapia in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the curry sauce over the fish.
- Bake until the fish is opaque in the middle, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Per serving: 262 calories; 13 g fat (6 g sat, 3 g mono); 57 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 5 g total sugars; 25 g protein; 2 g fiber; 518 mg sodium; 498 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (130% daily value), Vitamin A (40% dv), Vitamin B12 (30% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- January/February 2014