Baked Pears with Gingersnap Crumbs
Bathed in honey-lemon syrup, baked pears are a comfort on a chilly night.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, (about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 4 gingersnaps, crushed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk together honey, lemon juice and ginger in a small bowl.
- Place pears, cut-side up, in a shallow 1-quart baking dish. Pour the honey syrup over the pears and sprinkle with gingersnaps. Bake for 10 minutes, baste with the syrup, then continue baking until the pears are tender when pierced with a skewer and the syrup has thickened, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Serve warm or at room temperature, with the sauce spooned over the pears.
Per serving: 194 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 50 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 5 g fiber; 49 mg sodium; 255 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (23% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Mother's Day