Baked Pears with Gingersnap Crumbs
Bathed in honey-lemon syrup, baked pears are a comfort on a chilly night.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, (about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 4 gingersnaps, crushed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk together honey, lemon juice and ginger in a small bowl.
- Place pears, cut-side up, in a shallow 1-quart baking dish. Pour the honey syrup over the pears and sprinkle with gingersnaps. Bake for 10 minutes, baste with the syrup, then continue baking until the pears are tender when pierced with a skewer and the syrup has thickened, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Serve warm or at room temperature, with the sauce spooned over the pears.
Per serving: 194 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 50 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 5 g fiber; 49 mg sodium; 255 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (23% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Mother's Day
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation