Baked Pears with Gingersnap Crumbs
Bathed in honey-lemon syrup, baked pears are a comfort on a chilly night.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, (about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 4 gingersnaps, crushed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk together honey, lemon juice and ginger in a small bowl.
- Place pears, cut-side up, in a shallow 1-quart baking dish. Pour the honey syrup over the pears and sprinkle with gingersnaps. Bake for 10 minutes, baste with the syrup, then continue baking until the pears are tender when pierced with a skewer and the syrup has thickened, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Serve warm or at room temperature, with the sauce spooned over the pears.
Per serving: 194 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 50 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 5 g fiber; 49 mg sodium; 255 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (23% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Mother's Day
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation