Baked Pears with Gingersnap Crumbs
Bathed in honey-lemon syrup, baked pears are a comfort on a chilly night.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, (about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 4 gingersnaps, crushed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk together honey, lemon juice and ginger in a small bowl.
- Place pears, cut-side up, in a shallow 1-quart baking dish. Pour the honey syrup over the pears and sprinkle with gingersnaps. Bake for 10 minutes, baste with the syrup, then continue baking until the pears are tender when pierced with a skewer and the syrup has thickened, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Serve warm or at room temperature, with the sauce spooned over the pears.
Per serving: 194 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 50 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 5 g fiber; 49 mg sodium; 255 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (23% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Mother's Day