It was good, left out the breadcrumb topping used more cheddar, and next time omitting cottage cheese and spinach and adding more cheddar. Also added some more salt, pepper, and garlic powder which is what I added when I ate it for more flavor. Was good as is just changed a little for our taste.
Baked Mac & Cheese
Mac & cheese can be a true comfort on a gloomy day, and our healthy update takes advantage of extra-sharp Cheddar balanced with creamy low-fat cottage cheese and tucks a layer of spinach into the middle, which may help picky eaters down their vegetables. Whole-wheat pasta adds robust flavor and extra fiber.
64 Reviews for Baked Mac & Cheese
This turned out to be extremely bland. Followed ingredients/instructions exactly. Will not make this again.
My husband LOVES food, so I was a little leery of this 'healthified' dish. My husband said he'd try it. I baked it one night and he LOVED it! He asks me to make it constantly! My 18 month old son who is the pickiest eater on the planet, loved it, too!! Finally a meal the whole family can eat!
PS I don't use the spinach because the first time I made it, I didn't have spinach, but my husband still raved about it so I've continued to make it without. I also didn't have nutmeg, so I left that out, too.
I made this for dinner and would definitely recommend it! The only thing I would change is using fresh spinach instead of frozen.
Great use of cottage cheese.
22grams of fat is not a low fat recipe
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)