Baked Figs with Raspberries & Yogurt Cream
Baked figs, warm from the oven, make a heavenly dessert with cool yogurt cream and juicy late-harvest raspberries.
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup light whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon eau-de-vie de framboise, or kirsch (optional)
- 8 ripe fresh figs, quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Line a small strainer with cheesecloth or a paper coffee filter and set it over a bowl. Spoon in yogurt and let it drain in the refrigerator until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 2 hours.
- Beat cream to soft peaks in a chilled mixing bowl. Add the drained yogurt, confectioners’ sugar and framboise (or kirsch), if using; fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange figs in a shallow ovenproof baking dish in a single layer, cut-side up. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and lemon juice. Bake until the figs are heated through and the sugar has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon the yogurt cream into 4 dessert dishes. Top with the warm figs and garnish with raspberries. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The yogurt cream (Steps 1 & 2) may be used immediately or refrigerated, covered, for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 208 calories; 7 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 23 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 42 mg sodium; 303 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique