Baked Figs with Raspberries & Yogurt Cream
Baked figs, warm from the oven, make a heavenly dessert with cool yogurt cream and juicy late-harvest raspberries.
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup light whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon eau-de-vie de framboise, or kirsch (optional)
- 8 ripe fresh figs, quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Line a small strainer with cheesecloth or a paper coffee filter and set it over a bowl. Spoon in yogurt and let it drain in the refrigerator until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 2 hours.
- Beat cream to soft peaks in a chilled mixing bowl. Add the drained yogurt, confectioners’ sugar and framboise (or kirsch), if using; fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange figs in a shallow ovenproof baking dish in a single layer, cut-side up. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and lemon juice. Bake until the figs are heated through and the sugar has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon the yogurt cream into 4 dessert dishes. Top with the warm figs and garnish with raspberries. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The yogurt cream (Steps 1 & 2) may be used immediately or refrigerated, covered, for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 208 calories; 7 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 23 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 42 mg sodium; 303 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique