Baked Figs with Raspberries & Yogurt Cream
Baked figs, warm from the oven, make a heavenly dessert with cool yogurt cream and juicy late-harvest raspberries.
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup light whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon eau-de-vie de framboise, or kirsch (optional)
- 8 ripe fresh figs, quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Line a small strainer with cheesecloth or a paper coffee filter and set it over a bowl. Spoon in yogurt and let it drain in the refrigerator until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 2 hours.
- Beat cream to soft peaks in a chilled mixing bowl. Add the drained yogurt, confectioners’ sugar and framboise (or kirsch), if using; fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange figs in a shallow ovenproof baking dish in a single layer, cut-side up. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and lemon juice. Bake until the figs are heated through and the sugar has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon the yogurt cream into 4 dessert dishes. Top with the warm figs and garnish with raspberries. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The yogurt cream (Steps 1 & 2) may be used immediately or refrigerated, covered, for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 208 calories; 7 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 23 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 42 mg sodium; 303 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit