Baked Figs with Raspberries & Yogurt Cream
Baked figs, warm from the oven, make a heavenly dessert with cool yogurt cream and juicy late-harvest raspberries.
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup light whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon eau-de-vie de framboise, or kirsch (optional)
- 8 ripe fresh figs, quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Line a small strainer with cheesecloth or a paper coffee filter and set it over a bowl. Spoon in yogurt and let it drain in the refrigerator until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 2 hours.
- Beat cream to soft peaks in a chilled mixing bowl. Add the drained yogurt, confectioners’ sugar and framboise (or kirsch), if using; fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange figs in a shallow ovenproof baking dish in a single layer, cut-side up. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and lemon juice. Bake until the figs are heated through and the sugar has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon the yogurt cream into 4 dessert dishes. Top with the warm figs and garnish with raspberries. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The yogurt cream (Steps 1 & 2) may be used immediately or refrigerated, covered, for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 208 calories; 7 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 23 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 42 mg sodium; 303 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique