Baked Figs with Raspberries & Yogurt Cream
Baked figs, warm from the oven, make a heavenly dessert with cool yogurt cream and juicy late-harvest raspberries.
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup light whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon eau-de-vie de framboise, or kirsch (optional)
- 8 ripe fresh figs, quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Line a small strainer with cheesecloth or a paper coffee filter and set it over a bowl. Spoon in yogurt and let it drain in the refrigerator until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 2 hours.
- Beat cream to soft peaks in a chilled mixing bowl. Add the drained yogurt, confectioners’ sugar and framboise (or kirsch), if using; fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange figs in a shallow ovenproof baking dish in a single layer, cut-side up. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and lemon juice. Bake until the figs are heated through and the sugar has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon the yogurt cream into 4 dessert dishes. Top with the warm figs and garnish with raspberries. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The yogurt cream (Steps 1 & 2) may be used immediately or refrigerated, covered, for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 208 calories; 7 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 23 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 42 mg sodium; 303 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour